Clean, efficient and beautiful, electric fireplaces bring a wealth of appeal to any season. That said, they’re especially attractive during the holiday months, when Christmas festivities demand a warm and cozy atmosphere. To tie your fireplace in with the rest of your holiday decor, it’s important to pay special attention to the mantle area, which provides the perfect space for clever decorating ideas.
There are a variety of traditional decorating strategies that can make an electric fireplace mantel pop; however, to acquire the admiration of your guests, try adding the following subtle variations on some popular classics:
• Classic Red and Green – Add a twist to this popular color scheme by placing fresh red pomegranates in front of a backdrop of mini potted conifers. You can also replace the pomegranates with red tulips or calla lilies. Want to add a spark? Try adding a large brown grapevine star next to a metallic gold star to create a noticeable contrast that will accentuate the bright metallic color.
Go Vintage – Create an appealing vintage-looking display by using chipped painted furniture legs as pedestals for glass angel sculptures, candles or tarnished metallic containers.
• Simple and Classy – Many people decorate their mantle space by hanging large Christmas wreaths. To take this ordinary decorating plan up a notch, place a large rectangular mirror behind the wreath to create a three-dimensional look. Then, situate classy white candles and flower-filled vases on opposite sides of the mantel.
• Naturally Simple – You don’t need a lot of pricey ornaments to devise a compelling mantel arrangement. Create a beautiful free-flowing look by strategically mixing green apples and pine cones within a few long-needle evergreen branches.
• Peppermint Class – You can create a classy, sleek holiday mantle arrangement by filling clear or white glass vases with red-and-white amaryllis and candy canes. Add some white, fluffy garland to create texture without stealing from your colorful decorations.
• Alternative Colors – Red and green aren’t the only colors that work well above an decorative electric fireplace. For a gorgeous change of pace, drape lush bundles of mixed pine branches over the mantle and place pine cones and purple glass ornaments within to provide an attractive accent. Above this, you can hang two or three small silver picture frames.
Don’t Be Afraid to Add a Personal Touch
While the above styles offer good general guidance; you can easily trade in your own ideas here and there to make each strategy your own. Get creative and add your own personal touch to ensure that your holiday mantle decor is unlike any other.